Friday, September 12, 2008

Here's Lookin' at You Kid

So, for my first post, I'll briefly describe the 13 hour layover in Casablanca, Morocco...

We flew through the night and landed in Casablanca. After 2 hours of trying to claim baggage and figure out the airport, our group of 15 made our way be shuttle to a day room at a nearby hotel. From their, we took a taxi ride, six to a car (pretty standard), into the city and explored...














This picture is a cool shot of a market in Casablanca...




















The followingpictures are of a ginormous mosque on the coast in the city. It's probably one of the most beautiful and overwhelming buildings I've been to in my life. It breaks my heart that such an amazing architectural monument is dedicated to a false god and used to perpetuate a religion of lostness and dead works. Pray for the people who come here and that this building would one day be a place where believers in Christ gather to worship the true and living God.


1 comment:

Mom said...

Ha, I watched "Casablanca" while you were flying over! I was looking at you, kid... and enjoyed the pics of the place!

Mrs. H